If you love acronyms, the world of energy or natural healing methods is full of them. Just to name a few, there’s BSFF, EMDR, GTT, SET, TAT, THM, and WHEE. WHEE is a “cousin” to EFT and it stands for Whole Health – Easily and Effectively®. You’ll want to know about the developer of WHEE, Dr. Daniel Benor, a member of the EFT Advisory Board.
Daniel J. Benor, M.D. is a wholistic psychiatric psychotherapist who includes bodymind approaches, spiritual awareness and healing in his practice. He is the author of Healing Research, Volumes I-IV and appears internationally on radio and TV. He is a Founding Diplomate of the American Board of Holistic Medicine, Coordinator for the Council for Healing, a non-profit organization that promotes awareness of spiritual healing, and editor of the International Journal of Healing and Caring On-Line.
Recently, after being engrossed in his book, 7 Minutes to Natural Pain Release, I had the opportunity to listen to one of his WHEE live TeleSeminars. I asked him several questions about WHEE. What struck me most was Dan Benor’s sincerity and graciousness. He has a wonderful energy about him. His way of being is a soothing joy. Let me recap my notes from the call.
WHEE combines elements of EFT with EMDR. You use a setup or affirmation statement like in EFT. The difference is instead of tapping on a series of different points, you alternate tapping on one point or area on both sides of your body. The right and left body stimulation harmonizes the brain.
There’s more than one way to alternate tapping. Here are some ways:
- The Butterfly Hug. Cross your arms across the front of your body. Alternate tapping with your hands on the left and right sides of your arms.
- Alternate tapping your right and left eyebrow points.
- Alternate tapping up and down with your left and right feet.
- Alternate tightening or squeezing and wriggling the toes on your left and right feet. (Barefoot or with your shoes on, it’s so discreet you can do it anywhere.)
WHEE is enormously helpful with pain. Watch this short video as Dr. Benor shows how to do the Butterfly Hug and works with Casey, a businessman with a frozen shoulder and excruciating pain.
Please note that pain can be an indicator of something physically wrong requiring the immediate attention of a doctor or medical professional. Given that, on the other hand, pain can have an emotional basis and be a message from your body. The body often “speaks” to what is going on inside of us. Dr. Benor suggests having a “conversation” with your pain, asking it what it wants to tell you.
Pain is a message from your inner self for personal growth. What might it teach you? Once you listen to it, pain may have served its purpose. In addition, Dr. Benor says that if a person has had pain for a long period of time, it’s important to take it easy and go slowly. Releasing it all at once could be too unbalancing.
Here are some other issues where Dr. Benor says WHEE can be very effective:
- Fibromyalgia. People with fibromyalgia are caring, sensitive people who often sacrifice their own needs to take care of others. They need to take more care of their own needs and take time to be with their selves.
- Migraine headaches. It can often clear migraines without having to find out the underlying cause or meaning. You can even use a setup statement as a preventative measure for migraines.
- PTSD. It’s very effective for children to clear heavy abuse issues in minutes.
- Relationship issues. WHEE works wonderfully for anger and bitterness. Once getting to a zero SUDS level, people can install positives to harmonize the relationship.
- Side effects of medications
With WHEE, it’s important to get to a SUDS level of zero and then use WHEE to install positive affirmations. You can find out more about Dr. Daniel Benor and WHEE at his Website here. It’s well worth a visit. He provides a wealth of knowledge. Most of all, you’ll be impressed with who he is because Daniel Benor is a genuinely caring doctor and human being.